How It Works ?
- For 10 years, our engineers have been working on developing the best solution for older adults and thus reduce hip fractures when they fall down.
- A complex electronic system analyses people motion in context.
- When a fall is detected, both airbags deploy automatically over the hip and insure an OPTIMAL PROTECTION before ground impact.
- Both airbags are designed like a drop to ensure a perfect protection against hip fractures. They are made in strong nylon and will not rip at ground impact.
- Our airbags are highly reliable and 100% made in France in our workshop in Dijon.
- When the airbag is inflated, it covers a larger area than a traditional hip protector. It protects all the hip area from the top of your hips until the middle of your thighs.
- When a fall is detected, both airbags inflate simultaneously in a fraction of seconds over your hips. The protection allows a better shock absorption and permit to avoid hip fracture.
- After, the impact, the airbags remain strong during some seconds and then deflate slowly automatically.
A Complex Algorithme
- Our engineering team has elaborated a complex algorithm able to measure and analyse more than 1000 times per second the motion and fall in progress.
- The system uses different type of sensors such as gyroscopes and accelerometers to calculate motion in context and determine if the person is walking normally or falling.
- Hip’Air ensures a perfect protection before ground impact : the fall is detected in 200 ms (0,2 seconds) and the airbag inflates in 80ms (0,08 seconds).
ERGONOMY & COMFORT
- Our designers have created an ergonomic and comfortable belt which insures freedom of movement and fits perfectly over the hip.
- Hip’Air should be worn as a bum bag (gaz inflator on the front and buckle on your back) .
- To guarantee an optimal confort, the belt is light, soft and adjustable (exists in 3 sizes S,M and L)
LONG LIFE BATTERY
- Hip’Air has a long autonomy : the battery life is up to 15 days. A red LED and a sound indicate that the battery is low. The system switches automatically to sleep mode when the belt is removed and when no move is detected.
- A charger is included with the belt to recharge it.
BELT & COVER
Hip’air has two main parts : :
- The BELT which protects the airbags, the gas inflator and the electronic system (not washable)
- The COVER which protects the belt (washable).
The cover is easy to put on and remove (you just need to open the velcro). You can change the look of your belt as you wish (different covers are available in our online shop)
Two covers are included with Hip’Air..
SIMPLE ON/OFF SYSTEM
Hip’Air is very easy to use, the system is 100% automatic.
To turn ON the system : :
- Put the belt over your hips,
- Close the belt.
A green LED indicates that the system is ON.
Please note that if you put the belt on the wrong side, a « beep » will advise you.
To turn OFF the system : take off the belt.
TESTS & CERTIFICATION
- Hip’Air is CE certified as a Personnal Protective Equipement
- Hip’Air is currently tested in 16 home cares in Burgundy in France.